Sunday, December 29, 2013 |

Sunday Rambling...

It was raining when we woke up this morning. The house was nice and warm. The coffee aroma seeped through the house and Aboy cooked our breakfast. 

Yesterday was a very productive day. Since Aboy went right on the road after we moved in - I had started to accumulate a "honey-do" list for him. I know the last thing he wants to do when he comes in off the road is repair this and move that... but, unfortunately - I lost some of my he-man strength somewhere after my trick hip and bad back took over. 

He hooked up the washing machine just before he left - but the drain pipe was rigged by the previous residents and my washer wasn't spinning out properly. Not to mention we had a 4-prong plug for our dryer in Denton and the outlet here is for a 3-prong (go figure!). So, I've been washing clothes - but, only a load here and there because I have to hang them up on hangers in the bathroom to air dry (and they aren't fully spun out). I could have went to the laundromat - but, it is a minimum 5 mile drive one-way to any type of retail outlet and the laundromat is 10 miles away from us. 

Mission accomplished yesterday! Aboy got some pallets to raise the washer and dryer off the floor (they're in the cellar). He fixed the pipe so it's draining properly and he put a 3-prong plug on the back of our dryer. I am in laundry heaven right now!  

Turtle (who has to take residence in the cellar till spring), was not impressed with all the noise and action that was going on. He was more concerned that his heater had to be turned off while Aboy was working. He propped himself right next to it when we turned it back on - to let us know, he likes his heater.

So, my Sunday has turned into a lazy Sunday. The rain has stopped. My clothes are clean. The house is clean. Souper Sunday is about to kick off.


This is the view from our back patio. 


This is where my laundry facilities reside (and Turtle!). 




All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.