Sunday, October 22, 2017 |

Seriously, what is normal?

Normal. 

Seriously, what is normal?

According to Charles Addams

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”

***

According to dictionary.com - Normal is an adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2. serving to establish a standard.

Then why do I feel like Normal is some Twilight Zone shit?


***

I've always looked at things from my own window. My journey is unique. I live it. I own it. It's my bed. I lie in it. To me, it's normal. 

In the scheme of things though - I'm a lot of things, but if you ask anyone that really knows me, they think I'm not "normal". 

Maybe because I beat to my own drum?
Maybe because I don't fear the unknown?
Maybe because I don't take no shit?
Maybe because I laugh when I should cry? Or cry when I should laugh?
Maybe because I don't half-ass anything I'm committed to?
Maybe because I love learning?
Maybe because I enjoy new experiences?

Doesn't everybody, though?

***

I guess what provoked this post is something that has been weighing on my mind for some time. 

I'm probably rambling... mostly because I'm trying to figure out normal. 

Is it really an illusion?




All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.