Thursday, January 29, 2015 |

Look what Frank (Shady) dragged in!

I'm in the midst of my morning rituals, the dogs wanted to go outside a second time. I let them out and got back to my normal routine. 

Ed started barking at the door, he was ready to come in. Weeshy was sitting there with him so I had to call Frank to come in the house. 

Frank came barreling in (as usual) and Weeshy started chasing him around the living room. He jumped on my chair and I could see something hanging out of his mouth... a very long tail!

OMG! OMG! OMG!  

Naturally, I started screaming as that is my instinctive reaction to rodents and snakes. I scared the shit out of Frank and he dropped it. It landed on the floor by my side of the sofa. Weeshy tried to grab it - so between the screams, I chased the dogs away. 




Now, Nuisance got a wiff of it and wanted to get it too.

Frank was scared shitless (from the screams), so he ran in my office. Weeshy was perched on Aboy's side of the sofa and I had to pick up Nuisance because he went into predator mode. 

First thought (after all that)... how the fuck am I supposed to get this nasty shit out of here?

Conversation with myself:
"You can pick it up with a C-Town Bag... EWWW!!!"
"Get a shovel!... Yeah, Yeah - a shovel!"

I am still holding Nuisance. Frank is still in freaked-out mode in my office and I chased Weeshy away. I walked outside to get a shovel (Nuisance under my arm), come back in the house and Weeshy has the fucking thing on my side of the sofa!  

Instincts kick in, so I start screaming again.

Weeshy got freaked out and ran.

I knocked the nasty fucker on the floor with the shovel (Nuisance is still under my arm). I then did a quick rendition of the heebie-jeebie dance. 

I put Nuisance down and scooped up the mouse, got it outside and put it in the trash (so no one else gets the temptation to bring it back inside). 

I sprayed everything within a 10 foot radius with disinfectant.

I guess after breakfast I'll put on my hazard gear and sanitize the entire living area because of the contamination!

This can't possibly be what life on a farm is supposed to be like!


All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.