Wednesday, April 8, 2015 |

Real Food: Chicken Something

We are in the midst of our 2nd Advocare 24 Day Challenge. The first 10 days is a "cleanse" so the idea is to not eat anything processed. 

You eat whole food meals. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and complex carbohydrates.

That means eliminating particular foods (but not limited to):

  1. Boxed and processed foods
  2. Dairy
  3. Sweeteners (natural and manufactured)
  4. Fats
  5. Processed grains

There are a lot of "nots" on the list - but there is still a huge selection of foods that we can use and believe me - I try to be creative and experiment with a lot of stuff that I didn't normally eat in my not so distant past. 

In saying that... Aboy and I prep our meals for the week so, when I went shopping Sunday to pick up some food for the cleanse phase, I found some ground chicken on sale. I had some zucchini in the cart and we always have diced tomatoes, onions and garlic in the house.

I don't know what the fuck to call it - because seriously, it was an experiment and I see myself switching up the vegetable possibilities... but...

Wah-lah!!! 

Chicken Something!


I did it on the stove top in a big pot.

This is what I used:
  • a splash of olive oil
  • 1 large onion (diced)
  • 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 3 medium zucchini (diced)
  • 1 lb of ground chicken
  • 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes

I put some EVOO in the pan and sauteed the onion, garlic and zucchini. Then I added in the chicken and browned it. Finally I put in the tomatoes and cooked it on medium heat for about 20 minutes. 

It refrigerates and freezes well and made about 4 servings of awesome!

Think of all the possibilities... instead of chicken, maybe ground turkey or very lean ground beef? Instead of zucchini and tomatoes, maybe spinach and mushrooms? Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots?

It is very clean eating. It is also DEE-LISH

We'll add this to the menu selections and homemade frozen TV dinners list, for sure!!

#winning


“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”  - H.P. Lovecraft



All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.