Sunday, November 26, 2017 |

It's a Lifestyle: Reducetarian

I'm sitting in my office this morning doing some magazine maintenance (flipping through pages, finding stuff for my vision board, reading some articles, building a recycle pile). I have a subscription to "Cooking Light" magazine because I love to experiment in the kitchen. We're foodies and will try just about anything (at least once). I found this article in regards to a new healthy eating trend called "Reducetarian". 

Think about how much meat you could possibly eat in one day.

  • Breakfast - Bacon & Eggs
  • Lunch - Turkey Sandwich
  • Dinner - Baked Chicken
That's A LOT of meat!!

I don't know about you - I've tried to give up meat. I have tried to be a vegetarian - but, my love for chicken wings & burgers is too much of a bond to break (LOVE is the operative word).

HOWEVER, I have been a "reducetarian" and didn't even know there was a name for it!

Who knew??!!

*** *** *** *** *** ***

Yous know I'm an extreme couponer - so, I have a stand up freezer packed with meat.

Since we watched "What the Health" on Netflix, (if you haven't seen it yet - go watch it NOW!), we drastically reduced the amount of meat we consume. With all that meat in the freezer, we made the conscious decision to only cook the meat on Sundays and eat as close to vegetarians as possible during the week.

I can feel the difference when I over-indulge.

The benefits of eating predominately plant based have been life changing.

*** *** *** *** *** *** 

Maybe one day I can make the move to completely plant based.

In the past 5 years I have limited my intake or completely given up:

  • Soda
  • Coffee
  • Products made with High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Cow's Milk
  • White Sugar
  • Meat
  • Off the shelf fruit juices
  • Over processed ready made meals (like canned foods and frozen dinners)
My great-grandmother lived until she was 109 years old. I think about the types of foods she ate and beverages she consumed and aspire to live as she did. Everything in moderation and limit or remove the bad shit whenever possible.

Therefore, I never say never when it comes to my food choices.




"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." - Maya Angelou

All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.