Sunday, January 22, 2012 |

C.R.A.F.T.

 I originally wrote this August 10th, 2010.  Not much has changed since then… if anything – it’s gotten worse! 

*********************

I list on my resume: Strong ability to Multi-task.  I put that because I want any future potential employer to know that I thrive on being all over the place.  If I went to a Dr – they would probably diagnose me with AADD.  I’ve saved them the trouble and diagnosed myself.  My positive spin is that I multi-task well.


Let me describe a little about my day.  I work from home.  So I have dual jobs.  I can take a break from my paid job and tend to some of my housework during my breaks.

When I wake up in the morning, it’s “my job” to turn on the pot for coffee.  Mind you, my husband was raised with 4 sisters and is no rookie when it comes to housework.  He had a big family but his mother didn’t discriminate when it came to handing out chores – he washed dishes, clothes, vacuumed, swept floors … which I now reap the benefits of – but, it’s “my job” to turn on the pot ;-).  Let’s add in to this scenario that he has to leave the house at 6:15am. One of the benefits of working from home, I basically set my own hours – I don’t need an alarm clock in my life and some of my most creative moments come at 10 o’clock at night when everyone is winding down for the day.  But, it is a partnership and he fixes the coffee (“his job”) just the way I like it – so, I guess even though I wake up at an un-Godly hour – it’s not in vain.

The rest of my day generally goes like this:

He leaves for work.  I have my coffee and laptop (my lifeline to the world).  Since it’s early (and quiet), I check emails from the day before, browse some regular websites for some early morning news (Newsday, Yahoo, and Facebook) and wait for my cousin (BFF) to get online so we can have coffee “together”.

·        I let the dogs in.

·         I Go out with my pooper scooper and find the land mines.

·         Come in – wash my hands and get back to where I left off. 

·         Coffee is low. 

·         Get up to make coffee. 

·         Dogs need a snack (they were good for pooping outside).

·         Turn on the pot.

·         Give the babies their snacks.

·         Take out the garbage (because I’m waiting for the water to get hot).

·         Someone dropped some papers in front of the house – go pick them up, put them in the garbage.

·         Walking back in – the entry needs to be swept. 

·         Go to the garage, to get the broom and everything is thrown all over, so I need to organize it. 

·         I get everything in order.

·         Close the garage door to go back inside.

·         CRAP!  I forgot to get the broom. 

·         Go back to the garage, find the broom.

·         Sweep up the entry. 

·         I notice my fern needs water so I set the broom down, go inside and get the water jug. 

·         Fill it up and see the babies need fresh water. 

·         I fill their dish and their food dish while I’m at it. 

·         Go outside to water the fern – left the broom by the door.

·         Put the broom away.

·         Water the fern.

·         Come in and put the jug away.

·         Go sit in front of my laptop.

·         Where’s my coffee?

·         (Mental head slap).

·         Water’s not hot anymore.

·         Turn the pot on.

·         Go get a load to put in the washer (while the water heats up).

·         Make the bed.

·         Use the bathroom.

·         Go back in the kitchen.

·         Forgot the load.

·         Go back in the bedroom.

·         Get the clothes.

·         Turn on the washer.

·         Get everything measured out.

·         Get the clothes in.

·         Check on my water – it’s hot!

·         Fix my coffee.

·         Sit down – 6 new emails.

·         Answer emails.

·         Chat with Cousin.

·         Why is the wash not done yet?

·         BRB Cousin

·         Forgot to close the lid – SHEESH!

·         On the way back to the laptop – kitchen needs tidying.

·         Load the dishwasher.

·         Let me check the living room for dirty cups.

·         Dogs want to go out.

·         Let the dogs out.

·         Man the shelf is dusty.

·         Go get the duster.

·         Dust.

·         Why are Raquel’s sneakers in here?

·         Set the duster on the couch.

·         Bring her sneakers in her room.

·         Hey, that’s my _____!

·         Put my ____ back in my room.

·         Tidy the bedroom.

·         Back to my laptop.

·         BACK Cousin

·         Coffee is cold.

·         BRB Cousin

·         Coffee in Microwave – 30 seconds

·         Washer is done.

·         Clothes in the dryer.

·         Why is the dishwasher open?

·         Oh yeah, dirty cups in the living room.

·         Go get the cups (and the duster).

·         Load the dishwasher

·         Back to laptop – Cousin is gone.

·         I took too long when I said BRB.

·         Where’s my coffee?

This is all before 9am – when my “workday” starts.  I sit in front of my laptop until my next “break” and then the “multi-tasking” begins all over again!

**************

Something I hadn't anticipated.. The older I get the more I think I suffer from C.R.A.F.T.
Can't Remember A Fucking Thing



All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.