Sunday, January 15, 2012 |

An offer you can’t refuse: San Antonio couponing adventure

Since we were going to San Antonio and would have a couple hours to kill before the basketball game started, naturally – I brought my coupons! 
 
I had heard from a friend that it was hard to extreme coupon in San Antonio because they only have 2 major stores to shop at – but, I don’t believe the paint is wet, so I figured I’d touch it J

The paint was dry.

I purchased $110 worth of items for less than $9… almost a 92% savings.

I’d say San Antonio has potential!

I spent $8.77 and purchased
  • 16 Aquafresh toothpastes (travel size)
  • 12 Carmex lotions (travel size)
  • 6 Wet Ones Wipes
  • 6 Nabisco Cookies
  • 4 Nature's Bounty Dietary Supplements
  • 4 Reach Floss
  • 2 Finish Quantum Dishwasher Detergents
  • 1 Tylenol Precision Pain Relief Cream

Photobucket

The toothpaste and lotion we’ll donate to the local food bank. If someone doesn't have money for food, they definitely don’t have money for toothpaste or lotion. They were all free (I actually made 3¢ on each one of the toothpastes) and we all ready have plenty at the house.

***************

It’s very hard to extreme coupon in Texas. Many of the stores are not coupon friendly. They impose coupon restrictions and not too many stores double or triple coupons – but, with a little homework and a lot of patience… there are substantial savings out there.

Saving money on personal care items, over the counter medications and vitamins – opens up funds for things that don’t traditionally have coupons like fresh fruits, veggies and meats.

Walmart is everywhere. In their quest to be the “be all - end all” to consumers – they will match any competitor’s price, they take coupons and if you have an overage on a purchase, they allow the overage money to go towards the basket cost (they give cash back).  

***************

I was having a great day in San Antonio – until I lost my wallet. We had lunch at McDonalds and I must have set it down while we were eating; then we left in a hurry – I didn’t realize it was missing until 10 minutes later.

When I called McDonalds to see if someone had turned it in… they told me no and when they checked the seat where I was sitting – it was gone.

I only had a couple bucks on me – it’s just the other shit that’s so frustrating, replacing my driver’s license, social security card, my credit cards, all my pictures that were in there <sigh>.

I filed a police report and canceled everything – but for the life of me, I can’t understand why people are so dishonest. Nothing good comes to anyone that steals from other people. Even if they had kept the couple dollars –they could have turned the wallet in to a cashier.

Such as life…

On a more positive note – it’s not as hard to replace all your stuff as it was, let’s say 24 years ago (the last time I lost my wallet).

All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.