Saturday, March 7, 2015 |

It's a Lifestyle: 60 Day Check-In

What's up Party People??

J/K! I am just so amped about how great I feel. Plus, I did my measurements this morning and it's all good in the 'hood! 

Woop! Woop!

If you've been following along with my dysfunctional life - you know that I made a few New Year's commitments. Part of the New Year, New Me determination was to lose #50poundsBy50years and I am happy to report that it is March and I am on a great path to achieve that goal.

On January 7th, I began that journey doing the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I lost 11 pounds in 24 days. Well, today is day 60. I continued to use the Advocare products and I'm happy to report my total weight loss to date is 17 pounds.

Now, that number may not sound like much - so let me explain why.

As part of the New Year, New Me initiative, I also joined a gym. I have yo-yo dieted most of my life and over the years have not just lost weight but a lot of muscle mass as I put my body through different starvation methods to drop some pounds.

So, 17 pounds lost would probably equate to 30 pounds lost if I wasn't building all this lean muscle.

The truth is in the measuring tape. I have lost 33 inches off my body. Notably 6.5" off my waist and 4.25" off my chest. My thighs are losing their saddlebags, sag and old lady dents.

I think what is the most phenomenal change... and I'll have to give you some history before I disclose what I am witnessing...

As yous know, I claim Caucasian on the "what race do you identify with" surveys. I have been afflicted by a genetic deficiency... most specific to white women (although I have seen other races / ethnicities that suffer as well)... 

It is called "NoAssAtAll"....

Yup! I admit it - I have a pretty extensive "back".

No ass; just back.

The conversation generally goes like this:

Me: "Aboy - how does my ass look in these jeans?"
Aboy: "You mean your back?"


Yeah. Like that.

Well, guess what Exercise + Advocare = ???

ASS!!!



I texted this pic to my Cousin Kathy the other day. She didn't believe it was my ass! I had to send her the full picture for her to believe me! Even then - she thought it was a butt pad! 

This is 100+ squats a week. I started off slow, but hard work is paying off! I am lifting and separating - all over my body!

So - now you know why I've only lost 17 pounds! I'm building muscles YO!!

I am not prepared to show you my total before and after pics. I want to get a little closer to my weight loss goal before I do that. 

I have another blog post to follow on how I stay on my meal plan and motivation to work out.

In saying that, I have to wrap up this post because my Line Dancing Class & Zumba Class are starting shortly and I don't want to miss it!




Make it a great one!



All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.