Monday, March 2, 2015 |

It's a lifestyle: One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta

I'm all for easy. One pot easy is an even bigger win.

I found this recipe on Pinterest last week and told Aboy I was going to make it this weekend. 

I picked up the fresh ingredients after we left the gym yesterday. 

Yous know we prep the week of food the day before Aboy has to go back out - so, this seemed like a nice dinner (meatless), plus given the amount of ingredients, some extra for the rest of the week. 

It was simple, but I tweaked the recipe a little bit because Aboy is not a huge fan of peas. 

The original recipe is here 

I beat to my own drum - so this is what I did...

In the pot:
About 6 cups of water (because there was so much food in the pot)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 lb of Spaghetti (I used brown rice pasta - I think the next time I will use wheat)
8 oz container of cremini mushrooms (sliced)
2 sprigs of thyme
1 lb chopped spinach (frozen)
2 large zucchinis
Salt & Pepper and a couple shakes of Sazonador Total (which, BTW - is my new favorite seasoning)

Sauce:
Parmesan Cheese (I didn't measure this - I'm Italian... we don't measure Parmesan)
1/4 cup of heavy cream

Just like the instructions said - I threw it all into the pot - let it boil down until it had reduced to hardly any liquid. 

Then I added the cheese and cream, stirred it up - let it cook for another 2 minutes and turned off the heat. 

We took out Mahi Mahi earlier, so I baked that (with a pesto glaze) and Waa-Laa!!! Sunday Dinner!












All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.