Friday, March 27, 2015 |

It's a lifestyle: CocoNUTS!

You already know the mantra: 
New Year - New Me 
I say it all the time and I am living it every day. 

I'm owning this shit. 

I have to. I owe it to myself and my family to be the best person I can be. That includes my physical well being. 

Somewhere in time when I crossed the "40's" threshold, I began to see wrinkles. Laugh lines around my mouth, some crinkles across my forehead, some bagginess on my eyelids.
 

Being proactive, I traded my acne cream for wrinkle cream. I was trying to prolong the inevitable. 

I am a social drinker, I don't smoke cigarettes, but I do worship the sun.

It is what it is. 

So yous know - we do a lot of research on holistic healing and using food as medicine. 

Part of my New Year - New Me regimen is Coconut Oil. 

I have been using it on my face and in my hair. 



I truly believe this new beauty regimen along with taking my Advocare products is literally turning back the hands of time for me. 

Advocare is healing me from the inside and Coconut oil is providing nutrition from the outside!

My skin is clearer and less wrinkled. 

My hair is soft, curly and less frizzy.

In my research it says that I can use it as dental care - I haven't gotten that far yet, but it's not off the radar!

I have to admit it was kind of weird putting "oil" on my face. I was scared to death of pimples and break outs - but, it's the opposite. My skin is clearer and softer. 

I use it in my hair after I get out of the shower on days that I don't have intentions of "doing" my hair or when I come home from the gym, hop in the shower and go to bed. The Coconut Oil is a great gel or mousse to let it air dry into nice curls. I apply it mostly mid-shaft down to the ends. 


Some things I've learned from my research...

1. Use Organic
2. It should be "Virgin"
3. It should be in a solid state (we keep a spoon in the jar to get it out)

I also use it for cooking :) 

Now, if we can just figure out how to make our own - that would be official!




All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.