Tuesday, February 3, 2015 |

Healthy Beverages: Watermelon, Pineapple and Ginger

I needed a snack this morning and wanted to mix it up a little bit. Aboy had left a 1/2 watermelon, we had picked up a fresh pineapple and there is always fresh ginger in the house. I also have some cucumbers, oranges, blueberries and other produce... so, I wanted to find a juice that would be my "snack" but yield some health benefits too.

Google is my friend and I typed in "Watermelon Juice"... pages of stuff came up and I was able to find something for almost every ingredient that I have available. 

This morning I chose the Watermelon, Pineapple and Ginger juice.

Health Benefits:
  1. Watermelon: Among all the vitamins and health benefits - 1 cup of Watermelon only has 45 calories. 
  2. Pineapple: There is a long list of health benefits but adding Pineapple also makes everything sweeter. A half cup of Pineapple has 50 calories. 
  3. Ginger: I love Ginger because it has proven over and over to me to be an anti-inflammatory. Yous know I have a trick hip and I'm not getting any younger... Ginger helps reduce swelling and inflammation. 1 TBSP (about a thumb size) has 5 calories. 
I blended this up in my NutribulletRX and after putting in all the ingredients, added filtered water to the Max Line. It yielded a nice size pitcher and it is very "juicy" not "pulpy". I added some ice. It is very tasty, too!

You can find the recipes that I have tried by following me on Pinterest. I frequently update my boards because there is so much to try and only so many meals in a day!









All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.