Wednesday, February 11, 2015 |

Indoor Crafts: Loom Knit Hat & Scarf

Many of you that know me personally or if you have been following along with my blog understand that I have a need to stay busy. I multi-task for a living. It is my nature to have multiple things going on at one time.

"Idle time is the devil's play." - Mark Dayton

So, I keep busy. 

All the time. 

Something else that I have discovered about myself over the years - I have an equal Left and Right Brain. This just means that I have an analytic side and a creative side... equally. I can write technical manuals, but then I can illustrate them and add visual content. I don't know if it's a gift, genetic or learned - but, I embrace it. A lot of people are either one or the other. 




+++++

It's winter. The house usually stays pretty clean (because I'm in it all day long)... but, I need other things to do, too. 

Over the vacation - Michaels had a great sale on yarn. 

I picked up A LOT of yarn.

+++++

I am from New York. I don't talk to strangers. I was taught that from a very young age. 

I live in North Carolina. Southerners are social people. They will just spark up a conversation about the most random shit, just because. 

So, while I was in the yarn aisle (MINDING MY BUSINESS)... a native sparked up a conversation about the yarn. 

In my head, I had my own internal conversation:
"Oh boy! Here we go!... She's probably going to end up asking me what church I go to."

I nipped on the bait and my external voice participated. During the conversation, she mentioned that her church loom knits hats for cancer patients and that is why she was filling up her "buggy" (that's what southerners call a "cart") with yarn. A very noble cause, to say the least. 

Then... she asked me "What church do you go to?" 

I changed the subject back to yarn and asked her how to loom knit. 

She pointed out the looms she uses and said YouTube had a lot of videos and it was so easy to just follow along. 

I had a 50% off coupon for any regularly priced item and picked up the loom kit

This is my latest creation:








Pretty cool, right?

Hopefully I can crank out some more hats before summer gets here!











All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.