Tuesday, September 17, 2013 |

Juice Fast Part Deux: Day 1

Yesterday I started a partial fast. Why I say "partial" is because I was incredibly hungry so, I ate some of my fruits and vegetables - just to make my mind think I was eating.

Today was definitely better. So, I'll say today was my first day back for Part II of my juice fast.


I had a nice weekend with Aboy home but, definitely could have did without that milkshake and new pretzel roll hot dog from Sonic!

It's a journey...

I actually didn't do so bad though.

Saturday, I had a juice for breakfast and the Zucchini Casserole over pasta for lunch / dinner - then Aboy and I went to Dairy Queen and got ice cream.

It was Sunday that wasn't all that great.

I had a juice for breakfast. I went to pick Raquel up from DFW and it was all downhill from there (HAHA!)... we stopped at Cheddars because Ben was working and I had my favorite ("Chicken, French Fries, YES!!") and then for dinner we had that pretzel hot dog thingy.

Sunday morning before the grits hit the pan.. I went to Dollar General to pick up a couple of small pitchers. I hit the clearance jackpot! All the summer pitchers and containers were on sale plus, they had plastic measuring cups on sale too.

 photo 2013-09-15_09-21-37_144_zpse1c9592c.jpg

What I don't have pictured is the (5) half gallon covered juice containers (they have screw-on flip-top lids) that Aboy can use for his water and juices that he makes and freezes when he comes home. This is better than buying the juices from the stores (Naked, Boathouse, etc)... anything you can make from scratch is always better for you.

I'm holding steady at 10 pounds dropped. I'm sure over the next day or so, I'll see some movement, again; once I wash the weekend out of my system. Thankfully getting back on the wagon is not hard. Since Aboy generally stays out for about 14 days - this will give me some time to really reboot my system. I figure when he comes back in - I'll come off for a few days and go back on again when he goes back out. The detox is already happening - I feel great, but I'd like to drop about 30 pounds before the holidays. That's the (tentative) plan, anyway.

Once I'm ready to stop, there will be an actual adjustment period. I told you early on - I'll share the plan as that time draws near.



 photo 2013-09-17_17-17-34_13_zpsd26c5310.jpg


**For my couponing friends: I spent 37¢ each on the measuring cups (I got 8), 67¢ each on the purple and green pitchers (I got 2) and $1 each on the half gallon containers (5 of them - not pictured).



All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.