Friday, September 20, 2013 |

Juice Fast Part Deux: Day 3 & 4

Last week I did a combined Day 6 & 7. Today I'm doing a combined Day 3 & 4...

There must be something about my creative juices and the end of the week.

So, technically - I've been doing the juice fast for 11 days. Technically I've dropped 14.2 pounds.

One of the girls' friends was at the house last night and said "You look different"... I hadn't seen him in a couple weeks - so, I guess my face is showing the weight loss. Plus, I don't have any bags under my eyes. I've been very mindful during this juice fast to listen to my body and go to bed early (which is also resulting in 5am wake ups!).

I'm happy to say I am diligently getting my water consumption completed. That is huge for me. Just a few years ago, I argued with Aboy that coffee was made from water which equated to my daily H20 intake! Also, when the ice melted in my soda - I would get water that way, too!

Speaking of... I've given up soda. Back when the kids were kids, I could drink a 2 liter Coke a day. My addiction was BAD! For me to sit here and type that I don't drink soda anymore would be the equivalent of someone giving up smoking or drugs... I was that addicted. For a few years, Aboy and I switched to diet but when we found out that diet soda is actually worse for you than real soda - we switched back to the authentic sugary stuff. What really flipped a switch in my mind that I really didn't need it anymore... High Fructose Corn Syrup. That shit is liquid poison. Read your labels. If it doesn't have HFCS, it has Monosodium Glutamate. The food manufacturers are killing us and we are eating "food-like" products. Food is found in the meat, dairy and produce sections of your supermarket... not in a box.

OK, I've stepped off my soap box.

**************************************************

 
I've been getting some riding in on my cycle. Today I did 23.71 miles. My legs will be tone - the rest of my body will look like mashed potatoes. LMAO! I am going to get back on the treadmill. I'd like to lose another 6 pounds (at least), but I do need to start firming. My eventual goal for myself will be the Couch to 5K. I don't know that I'll ever run a 5K... but knowing that I'm in good enough shape to do it - is my goal. The last time I did it, I popped not 1 but both calf muscles! I pulled them so bad, I couldn't barely walk for over a month! And you can just imagine the lecture I got from Aboy (the ex-Jock Bodybuilder)!! Fuhgetaboutit!





That's all the news I have to report for today. Excuse me while I enjoy my Iced Lemon Water.







All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.