Saturday, September 7, 2013 |

Day 1 is in the books

Today was OK.

Generally the first few days are tough. It's such an extreme (food) makeover - no matter how much you prepare, there's still an adjustment period.

I'm glad I started on the weekend. I had a headache earlier, but it's gone now. I didn't really have any plans for the weekend - so I took a much needed nap. I'll have to go out tomorrow for some more kale and cucumbers. Sack & Save has grapefruits on sale so, I'll stock up on them too.

I'm not hungry. The steak and potatoes Raquel is making for dinner smells good. I made my dinner juice and came back into the room (no need to torture myself!).

 photo 2013-09-07_11-14-10_99_zpsfab36fae.jpg

My Breakfast:
1/4 Pineapple
3 Kiwi

My Lunch:
4 Kale leaves
2 Broccoli Crowns
2 Long Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
an inch of Ginger

My Dinner:
4 Kale leaves
2 Fistful's of Spinach
2 Long Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
an inch of Ginger
There was extra Green Juice from lunch & dinner - so, that is my snack in between meals.

I rode the bike for about 7 miles (just over 30 minutes). I may get some more spins in later - depends on what's interesting on TV.

This is definitely a mental and physical challenge. Aboy texted me words of encouragement. He is not the type to fast. He does drink juices daily - but more as a meal replacement or supplement.

So, from a food perspective - Day 1 is in the books.


  photo 4a46b55d020017fu_zps42f41606.gif
All rights reserved. Copyright: All material used in this blog is owned by LITerrific 2011-2019. Powered by Blogger.